Reasons to study the Bible!
This study is meant to help individuals and may also be used as an interactive format in a group. I encourage you to stop and read each verse and take notes as you follow along. Try not to read beyond where you are at before you answer the question and hopefully write it down. The idea is to get involved by doing your own reading and putting your own thoughts down, not just listen to a teaching or read an article.
Start by listing two reasons you believe it is important to study the Word of God.
- Next read the following verses and make note of things you see as being important.
John 1:1, John 1:14, John 8:31-32, John 14:6, 21-23.
a. Accurate study of the Bible will reveal a true picture of Jesus and the Father. T___ F___
- Compare Psalm 138:2 and John 17:17. Reading these verses tell us that God’s Word is ________________.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16. This passage of scripture tell us the Bible is _____________.
- Describe how a true revelation of Jesus and the Father, truth and inspiration from God can help you in your faith.
- Something else God’s Word can do is help us find God’s plan for our life. Below are verses that describe what God wants to do in each of our lives.
- Read Jeremiah 29:11. It tells us that God wants to give us a _______ and a ______ and doesn’t want to _____________ us
- How can knowing this give you a desire to study your Bible?
Note – (This verse is written to God’s people who had been walking in disobedience. Even then God still had a plan to help them.)
8. Read 2 Timothy 2:15 2 Timothy 3:16-17 Joshua 1:8.
These verses tell us that God’s Word can ___________ ____ for life’s challenges. (Can you think of any areas that you might feel unequipped for?)
9. How does knowing that God’s Word can help equip you for life make you want to better develop your study habits?
10. Another thing the Bible can do for us is to help us build a healthy spiritual foundation for life.
Think of how lack of knowledge can be detrimental to your well being.
Are there any personal circumstances you can think of that turned out negatively for you because of a lack of knowledge?
11. Read Hosea 4:6. Determine who is destroyed because of lack of knowledge?
- ______ ________ 2. _____ __________
12. Read Isaiah 5:13-14 and describe the results of no knowledge.
13. Accurate Biblical knowledge is our key to victory.
Luke 11:51-52 Proverbs 11:9 Psalm 17:4 John 8:31-32,36.
14. A key that is not used does no good. Read the following verses about the importance of application of God’s Word.
James 1:18-25 2 Corinthians 3:18 Matthew 7:24-29 Luke 6:46-49.
(Do your best to go over these verses over the next week, meditating on them and try to memorize).
If you would like to comment on this study below feel free to do that.